Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Religious people: have you ever turned to an atheist for spiritual advice?

NEVERReligious people: have you ever turned to an atheist for spiritual advice?
It depends on who the person is. If I trust them and feel like they'll give me good advice, then it probably wouldn't matter if they were atheist or not. It also never hurts to have contrasting points of view presented, so if you are religious then asking an atheist for spiritual advice may be beneficial to whatever decision you are making.Religious people: have you ever turned to an atheist for spiritual advice?
Never. That's a lot like asking a mental patient for health advice.





However, when I was converted to Christianity, I dug hard into atheistic web sites for their take on the matter. When I found that there was absolutely to validity to their claims, I looked into the Bible and prayed that God show me if He was there. And He did.
um... no. for one thing, i don't believe in atheists. i am a christian, as such i have to believe the bible, and the bible says that God has written his law on everyone's heart. therefore, they know he exists, they just refuse to acknowledge it.





secondly, atheists claim they don't believe in God, so why would i ask them about anything spiritual or related to the God they say they don't believe in?
well I am writing a book, and Atheist give the best reasons to why they disagree with church, christians and the preachers. I take what is legit and dismiss the trash.
For spiritual advice, I do what any sensible man would do...





I talk to my bartender...
Define ';Spiritual.';
Christians seek refuge in the shadow of Almighty God (Psalm 91) and not in the sinking ship of fallen humanity.
Why not? I know many atheists who are better people than some who claim to be Christians. It's a different kind of advice, though.
That's like asking a quack for medical advice.
Vice-versa?
Yeah then I became Atheist.
Wouldn't that be like asking the wolf to guard the sheep?
No, it's the other way around.
No. I'd ask God first, then my pastor if I needed something clarified.
hell no





That would be like asking a dead person what it feels like to be alive
It's more the other way around. Religious people seem to forget that atheists were once religious.
  • cartridge
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment