Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I'm taking my PSAT tomorrow, is there any advice you can give me?

I'm taking the PSAT tomorrow morning..in like 9 hours and I'm pretty nervous. Can anyone tell me about their PSAT experience? Was it easy/hard? What did you score? Is there anything I should take with me? Any last minute tips/tricks?I'm taking my PSAT tomorrow, is there any advice you can give me?
its fun, i had fun doing it(just did it few hours back, its saturday 12 pm here)


I'm usually weak in math and good in english


but both the sections went OKAY


just trust your instincts, dont look at the time, solve the questions in the section you know first(usually the first one are the easiest)


DONT do any question if you are only 50% sure of itAlso, dont read the instructions, it saves TIME


A good way i found was to CANCEL the option you really think is NOT the answer, it makes the answer easier to choose in the multiple choices.





Best of luck, though :)I'm taking my PSAT tomorrow, is there any advice you can give me?
I have a few test taking tips in general. Peppermint helps all throughout testing( peppermint stimulates memory). Take 2 aspirin 15 minutes before testing (aspirin [not tylenol] like bayer or excedrin) to thin out the blood and get it flowing to the brain easier. A snickers bar (or other candy bar) for sugar for thinking power 5 minutes prior to testing. This is how i prep besides studying.
i took it on wednesday..don't worry, it's easy but it takes time and it' pretty complicated.


everybody who did it got REALLY REALLY tired so eat a healthy breakfast and sleep good the night before.





you'll need a calculator, 2 #2 pencils, and take water or juice with you and go to the bathroom before starting the test because it's LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG!!
i took it on wednesday! it was HARD. i wasn't the only one that thought so either, a lot of people did. :/ i rememeber the beginning was vocabulary. i didn't even know any of those words! then math. then read and grammar? then math again. then writing. writing was the easiest part! they only gave us like 25 minutes per section though, i barely finished any of the sections :[ but just be glad it doesn't really count :]
yeah, go to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment